Ewa Lipska – a painter and poet, born on 1945 in Krakow. She studied painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow.
A fellow of the International Writing Program at the University of Iowa, USA. Editor of the publishing house Wydawnictwa Literackiego and co-editor of the monthly literary magazine “Pismo”. She also worked on the editorial team of “Dekady Literackiej”. 1991-1995 First Secretary of the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Vienna, Deputy Director of the Polish Institute. 1995-1996 Counsellor of the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Vienna, Deputy Director and Director of the Polish Institute.
She belongs to the Polish and Austrian PEN-Club and to the Association of Polish Writers. In addition, she has participated in numerous poetry festivals, seminars and author readings across Europe and America. As of now, her collection of poems has been translated into over 40 languages, for which she won 15 awards.